In an effort to help with social distancing, Pittsburg Community Middle School will be limiting those admitted to the game at Hutchison Field on Saturday, September 5th to only those who have tickets. Please understand that there is a significant difference between PCMS and PHS events, each school has done their best to safely maximize the number of fans possible to attend. Tickets will be distributed by the following criteria:
- Each Dragon player and coach will receive 4 tickets
- Each Dragon cheerleader will receive 4 tickets
- The visiting team will receive 3 tickets per player and coach.
- A limited number of PCMS general admission/staff tickets will be available. Those wishing to obtain these tickets must contact Chris King at email@example.com or call 620-235-3240. These must be obtained in advance and will be given out on a first come first serve basis.
- We are asking that after your student’s grade or contest level activity is complete that you exit the stadium or gym so that the fans for the next game will have more open seating options.
- We are working on purchasing the equipment necessary to begin live streaming our middle school games. This will more than likely not be available for this game but we are trying to get this feature added soon.
Tickets will be distributed this week to athletes and coaches. The ticket must be presented at the gate along with the admission price ($2 for adults and $1 for students) for admission to the game. USD 250 passes will allow you in for free, but YOU MUST STILL HAVE THE ADMISSION TICKET TO BE ALLOWED INTO THE GAME. PCMS will not be charging admission to this Saturday’s game since the venues and dates have had to be changed this week. All other games will have the previously mentioned admission prices.
Please note the following mitigation practices in place at all USD 250 Activities:
- Spectators will be required to wear masks while entering the event; during the event; and while exiting the event.
- Spectators will have their temperature checked prior to entering the event.
- Spectators will be asked to social distance when possible during an event.
- Gatherings on the field/court prior to or after the game are not permitted.
- No re-entry will be permitted.
These guidelines will be monitored and changes made based on local conditions and guidance provided by local health officials. We, as a district are committed to making every effort possible to allow our athletes to participate in the activities that they love. We ask for our community’s support in keeping our students and staff in the classroom, on the field, and on the court.
PCMS Assistant Principal/Activities Director